How to Submit a New Merge Request

A New Merge Request allows you to request that two STNs be merged. When you identify that an individual is associated with two unique IDs, you may submit a merge request through the Ed-ID portal. The request will be electronically routed to the appropriate Identities Approver at IDOE, FSSA, or other state agency for human review. IDOE will make the final determination for most merge requests.


A preview of the Student Merge Request in the Ed-ID portal.
What the “New Merge” Request form appears as in the Ed-ID portal.

1. Complete both the left and right side of the form.

  • Source Student Test Number - This is the Ed-ID that you are requesting to be removed.

  • Target Student Test Number - This is the Ed-ID that you believe should be kept.


2. It is required to enter information in the Submission notes field for IDOE.

  • Suggestions include:

    • Short note about why you are recommending the target STN be kept: Has previous assessment data, has IEP, etc.

    • Short note about you: Your name, email address and/or phone number.

Note: An IDOE staff member may reach out to you by email or phone for additional information or documentation.